36' Catalina 1985
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
The Catalina 36 is designed by Frank Butler as the perfect family coastal cruiser. It's well known for outstanding performance under sail, comfortable accommodations and a secure workable deck plan. In today's world the Catalina 36 remains one of the best values in her size range.
The first owner of this vessel have kept her in their private dock in Coronado Cays. The seller is the second owner and he moved the boat to her new home in beautiful Redondo Beach a year ago. He has done a few upgrades and kept her in great shape.
Cry Baby is a well-kept boat that sails well. She offers 2 cabins, 1 head and accommodate eight people comfortably. She is easy to solo sail with all lines back to cockpit, an oversize Lewmar self-tailing primary winches and she is equipped with Autopilot, VHF, Depth Sounder and Wind Direction that interface with each other. She has a fixed keel, a traveler, new bottom paint 5/2019, new refrigerator, new lifelines, new running rigging, new 3 reef points in the main sail, fully battened main, and a Genoa 154% roller furling head sail, Factory supplied sails by Catalina, new batteries and charger and dingy tow system.
This boat is new in the market, and you don't want to miss her.
- NEW BOTTOM PAINT MAY 2019
- REMOVE THE HEAD SAIL, RESEW AND RE-WEB HEAD SAIL; RESEW UV COVER, AND RE-WEB ALL THREE CORNERS; REPLACED HEAD WEBBING; REPLACING TACK AND CLEW WEBBING - MAY 2019
- ENGINE SERVICE: REPLACED HEAT EXCHANGER, RAW WATER PUMP IMPELLER AND HOSES - MAY 2019
- ENGINE WORK RETROFIT AND THROTTLE ADJUSTMENTS - MAY 2019
- NEW REFRIGERATOR - 2019
- NEW ANCHOR AND CHAIN - 2-19
- NEW DOUBLE STITCH IN THE ORIGINAL MAIN SAIL - 2019
- NEW 3 REEF POINT IN MAIN SAIL - 2019
- GENOA WAS RE-STITCH - 2019
- NEW CARS IN GENOA - 2019
- NEW (5) COATS STAINED AND VARNISHED - TEAK RAILINGS AND COMPANION WAY DOOR. - 2019
- BLUE SEAS AMP 30 AMP BREAKER - MAY 2019
- NEW GROUP 31 START BATTERIES - MAY 2019
- SHAFT GLADS REPACK - MAY 2019
- HEAD SUCION THRU HULL REPLACED - MAY 2019
JABSCO MANUAL PUMP ASSY 3/2019
SHIFTER CABLE 18 FT AND PARTS 3/2019
LUBE SAIL TRACK MATERIALS 3/2019
NEW FLAT SCREEN 43' TV IN THE SALON - 2019
NEW FLAT SCREEN 36" TV IN THE V-BERTH - 2019
Replace Running Rigging, Lifelines and Engine Repairs 3/2018
Remove old lifelines and frayed running rigging. Send messengers up mast for in-mast rigging - 3/2018
Remove heat exchanger, remove raw water pump, solvent wash engine and surrounding area. Remove broken stud and corroded pump hardware- 3/2018
Friday 1.5 Install 12 NEW lifeline assemblies, install main sheet boom topping traveler control lines.
Steam clean engine and surrounding area. Assist with lifelines and rigging - 3/2018
40-foot 5/8 yacht braid jib sheets - 3/2018
Whip line ends for above - 3/2018
60-foot main sheet 1 /2 inch - 3/2018
Port side traveler white/red - 3/2018
Starboard side traveler white/red - 3/2018
Topping lift white/blue 3/8 - 3/2018
Whip line ends for above Furling line 5/16 white /black Boom vang white/blue 3/8 - 3/2018
Stainless pelican fiools (gale latch) 3/2018
Aft lifeline assemblies - 3/2018
Midship lifeline assembly - 3/2018
Upper Fwd lifeline with turnbuckle assembly - 3/2018 Lower Fwd lifeline with turnbuckle assembly - 3/2018
Engine Control Cable and Boom topping Lifts 4/30/2018
4/05-Reassemble raw water pump to engine with new studs and tech nuts, paint engine with factory paint
4/12-Complete removal of shift cable is cost prohibitive; clean and lubricate old cable to operative condition, reassemble binnacle and check for correct operation of shifter.
4/17-Install new engine stop cable. Confirm correct operation.
4/24 Grind winches for mast ascent and Tail off halyard for mast ascent
4/26-Ascend mast to install new boom topping lift in existing shiv at mast head, check wind direction indicator, found indicator vane broken off
4/27-Disassemble binnacle to remove engine stop cable from cockpit through to engine.
XLS boom topping lift
Splice for bow shackle
Whip for topping lift
Engine stop cable assembly
- New Battery Charger - Pro Marine Prosport12 and ProMariner 20 amp - 2016
- Genoa 154% with Roller Furling Head Sail - New in 2000 (Hardly Used)
- Factory Supplied by Catalina
- Dingy Tow System
- Raytheon Autopilot
- Oversize Lewmar Self Tailing Primary Winches - (2) Lewmar 48
- Refinished Teak and Holly Sole
- Replaced Head
- Custom Draperies made by the first owners
- Updated Cabin Upholstery by the first owners
She has a comfortable v-berth with new 36" flat screen TV, lots of storage and hanging locker, a u-shape dinette converts into a double berth that can accommodate 6 or 8 people comfortably and a unique second dinette to starboard also turn into a single berth.
Her spacious salon is bright and airy, she has a new 43" flat screen TV and Sony XR-45 stereo//cassette for entertainment, her light dark wood interior gives warmth and inviting feeling, and she has a nice teak and holly sole. She has plenty of windows that provides natural lights in the cabin, and the opening hatches brings in fresh air. Her custom draperies are made personally by the first owners, and they also updated the upholstery.
To starboard is the navigation station that has a captain's chair, a chart table equipped with electronics, and the 12V and 110V panel are located above the desk.
She has a large aft cabin with a private door that can sleep three people comfortably. To port is her galley that offers a stainless steel double sink, double burner stove with an oven, gimballed with sea rails (CNG system for cooking, stove and BBQ), double stainless-steel sink, microwave, built-in deep ice box and plenty of dry storage.Electrical
Breaker distribution panels: (1) 12VDC/120VAC shore/generator
Batteries: (2) 12V house/starting
Battery main switch: On the panel Professional Mariner 20 amp battery charger
Shore power connection: 30 amp located on the stbd aft transom
Auxiliary generation: (1) engine mounted alternator
- Stainless steel bow pulpit Stainless steel double anchor chock
- Stainless steel lifeline stanchions with 2-course stainless steel lifelines
- Teak deck grab rails
- Foredeck floodlight
- Cockpit seat cushions
- Teak cockpit table
- Main sheet traveler and boom vang Canvas Genoa cover
- Roller furling Genoa Dacron sails include main, Genoa
- Spars: extruded aluminum, Marconi-rigged sloop, single spreader
Standing rigging: stainless steel
Running rigging: dacron
Winches: Sheet: (2) Lewmar 48 Halyard: Lewmar 16, 30
- Stainless steel stern rails with motor bracket and flip-up swim ladder
- Stainless steel BBQ
- Danforth anchor stowed on bow, with 3/8” chain and 3/4” nylon rode
length of chain and line in rode
- Slipped Danforth anchor, stowed in stbd. lazarette, with 3/8” chain and 3/4” nylon rode
- Throwable: (3) buoyant cushions, (1) Lifesling, (1) horseshoe buoy
SAIL AREA WITH STANDARD RIG
100 Fore Triangle.......................555 sq. ft
RIG DIMENSIONS, STANDARD:
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
Hello, thanks for viewing this awesome vessel and for visiting our website, aglyachtsales.com.
If you need more information about this vessel or would like to make an appointment, please feel free to call me at (360) 621-4682 or email me at Leilani@aglyachtsales.com
I look forward to hearing from you. Stay Safe. Leilani Wales, CPYB