INTRODUCING OPEN SPACE innovations
A NEW WAY OF LIVING AND SAILING ON A CATAMARAN IN OPEN SPACE
Relaxation: vast interior and exterior living spaces
- a forward cockpit with dining area and gigantic sunbathing area (20m²) in place of the traditional trampoline,
- an aft cockpit with lounger, equipped with LEDs, entirely flush-decked and enhanced by a folding table,
- a sunbathing area on the coachroof.
Comfort: to enjoy the best of sailing
- a unique cool feeling in the saloon, due to the large, totally retractable windows
- exceptional light and a panoramic view thanks to the numerous, large openings in the saloon
- a level of equipment to suit the most demanding requirements
- a sleek design and interior décor, arranged for living… as you would at home.
Practicality: Innovations which leave nothing to chance
A level of self-sufficiency (800 litre water tank combined with a 200 litre / hour engine-driven watermaker, 800 litre fuel capacity, 615 litre American-style fridge/freezer with ice maker and chilled water dispenser. A unique level of autonomy in its class thanks, among other things, to two engine-driven 12 Volt DC generators. The whole controlled via a multiplexing touch screen with integral tutorial.
As well as all the essential appliances to have aboard, including a trash-compactor, 9 place dishwasher, washing machine, espresso machine, etc.
Sailing: CATANA technology, quality and performance
The BALI 4.5 OPEN SPACE is built at our factories in France, using the best possible materials. The choice of a closed-cell PVC foam sandwich and fabrication by infusion ensures rigidity, longevity and weight savings, and as a result, the Bali 4.5 is the lightest in its class. The design and height of the nacelle allows a better passage through the water, giving comfort and safety. With the rig further aft comes the possibility of a larger headsail, and with the self-tacking solent, greater manoeuvrability. Its sail area to light displacement ratio is the highest in its class, giving the performance, safety and sea-keeping quality you would expect from Catana!
|Naval Architect||Xavier FAŸ|
|Interior design||Hervé COUEDEL|
|Overall length||45 ft – 13,6 m|
|Beam||24,32 ft – 7,42 m|
|Water line length||42,65 ft – 13 m|
|Draft||4,00 ft – 1,22 m|
|Light displacement||11,8 t|
|Maximum displacement||16,4 t|
|Up wind sail area||1205 sq ft – 112 m²|
|Mainsail area||775 sq ft – 72 m²|
|Self-tacking solent||419,7 sq ft – 39 m²|
|Fresh Water||211 us gal|
|Fuel||211 us gal|
|Engines||2 X 40 hp ou 2 X 50 hp|
|CE CAT : A – 12 persons||Made in France|