To all Boaters,
Please review the recent reopening protocol for all boating recreations. This is good news for all of us to be able to get out on the water with less restrictions, and to enjoy cruising and sailing in our beautiful San Diego Harbor. Please adhere to this protocol, and be safe on your boating adventures.
Cheers, AGL Yacht Sales
SAFE REOPENING PROTOCOL
RECREATIONAL BOATING (NON-COMMERCIAL) ADDENDUM
Purpose: The purpose of this document is to provide guidance for San Diego County Yacht Clubs, Port Tenants, and Public Parks/Launch Ramps, where boaters embark on their outings, to amend their sanitization and social distancing protocols to include vessels.
- Signage (Mandatory)
This Addendum must accompany the Safe Reopening Protocol posted at each marina yacht club or public launch ramp where recreational boats are docked or launched.
- This Addendum must also be sent to each boat owner at each marina or yacht club where recreational boats are docked.
Measures to Protect Guest Health (Mandatory)
- Each boat will be required to log all persons aboard for purposes of contact tracing during the incubation period.
- The person in charge of each boat will confirm that each person aboard has shown no signs of illness and does not live with or had contact with any person who has had signs of illness for at least 14 days. Signs of illness can include but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Face coverings will be required to be available for everyone on the boat and must be worn properly when within 6’ of another person not in the same household.Measures to Prevent Crowds from Gathering
- No land-based social event or gathering associated with boating
- When rafted together, persons transiting across boats or on someone else’s boat will wear face covering when 6’ of separation cannot be achieved.Measures to Keep People at Least Six Feet Apart
- Limit number of persons on board based on the natural configuration of the boat to allow a 6 foot separation between non-household persons unless face coverings are worn.Measures to Prevent Unnecessary Contact
- Face coverings will be utilized in interior areas where more than one person is present.Measures to Increase and Ensure Hygiene and Sanitation
- The person in charge of the boat shall be responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the boat prior to allowing persons on board.
- The person in charge of the boat will be responsible for providing hand washing facilities and/or hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 to all persons on the boat, to include requiring hand sanitizing before boarding.
- The person in charge of the boat will be responsible for providing disinfecting sprays or wipes that are effective against COVID-19 to sanitize equipment and frequently touched surfaces.
SD County COVID-19: https://www.sandiegocounty.gov/coronavirus.html
CDC COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html